WELCOME TO THE SUNDSTROM CABIN
Hume Lake is nestled in the giant Sequioas in the heart of the Kings Canyon National Monument.
Let our cabin become your home away from home!
Our cabin is a short walk to Hume Lake with fishing, kayaking, hiking, and more.
It is the perfect cozy retreat after a day of adventure!
Our cabin accommodates up to 10 guests.
4 Bedrooms, 2 Bathrooms, Living Room, Dining Room, Kitchen and a large outdoor deck area.
- Downstairs Bedroom- queen size bed
- Upstairs Bedroom 1- queen size bed
- Upstairs Bedroom 2- queen, double and single beds
- Upstairs Bedroom 3- two single beds
There are no laundry facilities available at the cabin. The kitchen has a grind and brew coffee machine, crock pot and microwave oven; a gas BBQ is available on the deck. There is a DVD-VHS machine and cable TV. A phone for local calls is available; please bring a calling card for long distance access.
*Due to the Hume Lake Rental Policy, alcohol, firearms and pets are not allowed.
The Sundstrom family has a long history and connection with Hume Lake Christian Camps.
In the early 1970’s David and LaHoma began visiting Hume Lake with families who had cabins there. The couple had 2 boys and David had a sense for adventure! This led to exploration, motorcycle and fishing trips and eventually, in 1972, they purchased their first little 2 room cabin on Christmas Tree Lane. With expanding families they quickly outgrew the small cabin and bought our current cabin on Ponderosa. David and LaHoma’s great-grandchildren, the 4th generation of our family is now calling this place home away from home.
Being at Hume has always been about spending quality time with family, friends, and God. It was David and LaHoma’s desire to share this slice of heaven we call The Sundstrom Cabin with others. We are honored to carry on the tradition in their absence.
- Available Dates - June - September
- Check-in: 2pm
- Check-out: Noon
- Due to popular demand, we are not able to accommodate a reservation for less than one week during the summer.
- In order to secure your reservation, a deposit of $500.00 is required to confirm your reservation. You may pay just the deposit or balance in full.
- The balance of $500.00 is due 2 weeks prior to your stay and may be paid by check or by credit card..
Cancellation Policy: Your deposit will be refunded in full if we are able to re-rent the cabin. If however we are unable to fill your cancellation, you will forfeit $200.00 of your deposit.